zaterdag 10 augustus 2013

Cheakamus Lake Trail

The narrow path bends it's way forward through the cedar forest. To my right, the tiny beaches along the south shores of Cheakamus Lake reflect in the sun.
After a while I arrive at a remote wilderness campsite, now deserted. Thin steel ropes with clips at the end hang down from a high branch, pointing out to campers where to hoist and safely store their food.
Continuing my hike, my steps immediately resume to determine the rhythmic tinkling sounds of the bear bell attached to my backpack.



visitor centre
the roaring of a grizzly
under a button





-Cheakamus Lake is located in the Garibaldi Provincial Park, near Whistler (BC, Canada)




2 opmerkingen:

  1. Leuk hoe hier de dreiging van de Grizzly aanwezig is, bij het kamp en in het belletje tijdens de wandeling. En dan die namaak brul in het bezoekerscentrum :)

    Groetjes,
    Bouwe

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen