zaterdag 29 april 2017

A Spring day in April

This month it was three years ago that I happily celebrated my 25th anniversary. There were flowers, cake, a lunch with colleagues, a speech from my boss. Thinking back of it now it seems a memory from another life. Things changed. Things changed badly and beyond imagination. The hurt that it caused was so intense that I lost myself: all that I had stood for in the past had gone. Letting go and acceptance of the situation were the things I struggled with most, but eventually the moment came that I decided enough was enough.
I bought magazines like Flow, in which creativity and imperfection are celebrated, and people tell their life stories about making a new start and how that was the best thing that ever happened to them.
It was on a Spring day in April when I knew I was ready to face the world: I started writing again.


sunrise
the cacophony
of birds' song


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten